The Cass County Road Commission is seeking candidates for the position of Equipment Repair, Building and Grounds Supervisor. Under the general direction of the Superintendent, this person will supervise various assigned functions of the daily operations of the road commission.
Coordination closely with the Superintendent, this person will be responsible for assisting with the following tasks and activities (not all inclusive):
- Assist with employee development, coaching and personnel issues
- Assist with scheduling of winter operations
- Coordinate with engineering staff as needed on projects and programs
- Ensure MIOSHA compliance
- Oversee and review permits
- Plan and execute summer and winter projects and programs
- Responding to emergency calls as needed
- Schedule daily work crews and workdays
- Schedule equipment repairs and maintenance
- Work with union employees
- Other duties as assigned
This candidate must possess strong public relation skills in dealing with employees, townships officials and the community.
Background must include a broad knowledge of heavy equipment repair, building and ground maintenance with experience in the public sector.
Must possess a valid driver’s license; CDL preferred.
Educational requirements include at least a high school diploma and a minimum associate’s degree with additional higher education preferred.
Salary and benefit package is commensurate with experience and education.
The Cass County Road Commission is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applications along with resumes and/or cover letters will be accepted until 3pm October 28, 2019 for primary consideration.
Mailed Materials should be addressed as follows:
Cass County Road Commission
Supervisor Position –CONFIDENTIAL
340 N O’Keefe Street
PO BOX 68, Cassopolis, MI 49031
Electronic materials may be emailed to email@example.com with the subject line “Supervisor Position-CONFIDENTIAL”